Our last group of ISC summer campers departed last Wednesday with memories that will last a lifetime. There are so many individuals who make summer adventures at DuBois Center possible. Among these are the chaplains. They help pass the light and love of God from one generation to the next. They help make the curriculum come alive for our campers. They lead BLAST (Bible Learning and Spirit Time), prepare worship, and embody an amazing ministry of presence – walking with our campers and staff throughout a week of camp.
Our chaplains are a fun, inspiring, eclectic bunch. Some are ordained ministers; some are Christian educators. Some are teachers, and some are parents and/or former staff members who want to stay involved and give back. A special thanks to our 2018 summer camp chaplains:
- Nicole Avise-Rouse – St. Paul UCC, Columbia
- Craig and Rev. Katie Jo Bielke – St. John Evangelical UCC, Collinsville
- Joan Daab – St. Paul UCC, Columbia
- Rev. Christy Eckert – St. John UCC, Trenton
- Audrey Hicks – St. Paul UCC, Waterloo
- Rev. John Holst – Zion UCC, Marion
- David Jackson – St. Paul UCC, Columbia
- Rev. R.J. Morgan – Zoar UCC, New Hanover
- Rev. Todd Mushaney – Christ UCC, Dupo
- Alaina Scherle – St. Paul UCC, Waterloo
Thanks, also, to the churches that supported their time at camp and sharing their gifts with ISC church family.