DuBois Center offers classic and specialty summer camps on a 330 acre woodland site in Washington County, IL. We utilize a faith-based curriculum and theme that are integrated into our daily life at camp: all summer staff members are engaged with faith-based and traditional camp activities like archery, horseback riding, waterfront time, and toasting marshmallows to perfection* over campfires.
*Personal interpretations of excellence in marshmallow toasting are strongly encouraged.
Summer Camp Positions Available
Employment as summer staff is 7-9 weeks for leadership positions and 9-11 weeks for supervisory positions. Training will begin May 23, 2023 for all positions. Our first full week for campers in 2022 will begin on Sunday, June 4th, 2022. Each summer, we hire approximately 18 paid staff members. Paid and volunteer staff members work together to achieve the goals for our summer program which are based on our mission statement:
Growing together…In Faith, In Respect for Ourselves & Others, and in Our Care for Creation
Note: Minimum age is 18 for leadership positions and 20 for supervisory positions, although those aged 21 and above are preferred.
Note: Lifeguard Certification is a PLUS for all positions. At least 7 of those hired must have this certification, so if you are a swimmer of moderate to advanced skill, you will give yourself an edge by becoming lifeguard certified. Check with your local Red Cross office, YMCA, recreation center or college for classes.
Are you ready to join our summer team?
To apply, complete the following documents and return to the DuBois Center
- BACKGROUND CHECK AUTHORIZATION through DCFS
- REFERENCE FORMS – two required minimum – one of each or two of the same both acceptable:
- (Optional) COVER LETTERS of any sort, introducing yourself to us and helping us get to know a little more about you, why you’re interested in summer camp work, and what interesting skills, traits, or talents you might bring to our team are welcome, but not required!
- These documents can be completed digitally using a PDF editor, or printed and completed using a blue or black ink pen.
- You can submit your application documents digitally by sending them to Program Director Rylee Bernhardt by email at firstname.lastname@example.org – with the subject line “Summer Employment – [Your Name]”
- You can submit your application documents by mail to:
ATTN: Summer Employment
2651 Quarry Rd
Du Bois, IL 62831
If you are unable to make a commitment for a full summer, consider serving with us as a volunteer for a day or week or two or three. There are volunteer opportunities for help with camper check-in, nurses, lifeguards, barn helpers, photographers, chaplains, and activity specialists (crafts, science, outdoor skills, astronomy, wildlife spotting…).
Interest in Summer Staff
Use this form to let us know you are interested in serving on our summer staff!