As we prepare for Summer Camp, we want to add a couple horses to our herd. We’re hoping someone out there knows of a horse or two that might be a good fit for camp that could be donated or purchased at a reasonable cost.
Here’s what we are looking for:
- Reliable kid-safe trail horses – walk, trot and canter with good brakes.
- Not too young and not too old – our preference is for horses between 5 and 15 years old.
- Large and sturdy – at least 15 hands tall and well built. They will often be carrying children, but they also need to be able to carry large adults.
- Healthy, easy keepers – our herd spends much of their time living naturally in our pastures and woods. No horses with special dietary or health needs.
- Good temperament – they will be working with kids much of the time and need to be patient and easy-going.
- No bad habits – no bucking, rearing or cribbing
If you know a horse that is available and might be a good camp horse, please contact Scott Kuether at firstname.lastname@example.org.